Cameras on smart phones are a wonderful invention. They’re great for selfies, capturing vacation snapshots on sunny days…but when it comes to showing your Real Estate listings, don’t be fooled: Smart phone cameras simply can’t capture what an experienced professional photographer with the right equipment can capture.
The difference between do-it-yourself real estate photos–even with a higher-end camera–and photos shot by a professional photographer, make dollars and sense. According to surveys conducted by numerous industry sources, properties that are photographed professionally sell faster, and for more money.
According to the Center for Realtor (R) Development:
• Homes with high-quality photography sell 32 percent faster
• A home with 20 photos spends an average of 32 days on the market; homes with one photos is on the market for approximately 70 days.
• Homes in the $200-$1 million range with high-quality photos in their listings sell for $3,000-$11,000 more.
Articles in the Wall Street Journal and Realtor-oriented trade publications all point to higher profits and shorter market times when a real estate listing is accompanied by high-quality photos.
Agent Impress compiled the following impressive statistics about Real Estate Photography:
- Buyers spend 60% of their time looking at listing photos and 20% on listing description and agent description (Wall Street Journal)
- Homes with high-quality photos get 47% higher asking price per square foot (CBS News)
- Homes with professionally photographed pictures can sell for up to $19,000 more (marketleader.com)
- Agents who outsource photography earn twice as much commission as those who do not. However, only 35% of agents use professional photographers. (Inman)
- Homes listed between $400,000 and $500,000 sell 18% better in the first six months with high-quality photography (Redfin)
With all of these facts in favor of outsourcing your listing photography, what are you waiting for?
About Mason Resnick’s Real Estate Photography services:
Mason Resnick has been photographing Real Estate since 2016 for clients throughout Central New Jersey. If you’re interested in selling your listings faster and for more money, email me and let’s get started!